Saturday, December 8, 2012

Is it possible a different form of little champions could make my dog sick?

Q. A while back ago we bought the ground dinner version of Little Champions soft food. At the time our dog got sick and had diarrhea. We switched back to the cuts in gravy kind, but it was still Little Champions, and he has not gotten sick again. I was wandering if it was because of this or was it just a coincidence.

A. If your dog is used to eating the same thing every day, a sudden change in diet can cause digestive upset (vomiting and/or diarrhea).

"Little Champions" is low-quality food anyway. I'd recommend switching to something better. Check http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/ for ideas.

And switch gradually over a 1-2 week period, slowly mixing in more of the new food and less of the old food until the dog is completely on the new food.
For example:
75% old food, 25% new food
50% old food, 50% new food
25% old food, 75% new food
100% new food
.


Is there a sort of condition when a dog starts peeing purple?
Q. My dog's pee has been purple for some reason, is my dog sick or is it natural?
i know its bad, but does anyone know what kind of conditon it is?

A. Your dog is sick and needs medical attention immediately.


What will happen to a dog if it eats aluminum foil?
Q. Will it make the dog sick or kill it?

A. It could cause tears in the throat or stomach or it could cause blockages in the intestines.

If your dog did this, take him/her to the vet.


What type of dog food do you feed your dog?
Q. I want to know what type of dog food your feed your dog(s).

Because someone on here told me what I feed my dog is crap, even though my vet reccommended it. She said that my vet of course would tell me to get a "bad" brand of dog food so it'll make my dog sick and I will have to keep bringing it in there so she'll make more money.
Who really believes this crap?!
If your vet recommended your dog to be on a certain dog food would you contest it?

A. Everyone has a food they think is the best, and perhaps it is FOR THEIR DOG. There is no one shoe fits all with dog foods. Not a bit different than there is no one diet that is perfect for all people. Some people are Hyper while others are Hypo, same with dogs.
A classic example is some dogs will have a loose stool on a chicken based diet while others won't retain proper weight on a lamb based diet. So I feed both, either in combination or separately, depending on the individual dogs needs.
I feed the brand that I do because my dogs win in the ring when fed this diet. That doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that it would be the proper diet for every dog out there.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment