Sunday, December 9, 2012

How much does it costs to neuter a rabbit in Florida and what are the names of those clinics or vets?

Q. My friend lives in FL and wants to neuter her bunnies. Can you list clinics or vets and the costs of the surgery at those places in Florida? I will choose a best answer!

A. I live in Cleveland, the quote I got from the vet for rabbit neutering was around $135. It can cost less at shelters and rescues than at the vets, and there is a price difference between males/females. Most vets/shelters are happy answer questions over the phone, have your friend call those closest to her to ask if they do rabbits and how much. The local humane society might be able to refer her, too.


Are there any reduced priced Dog vets in the Palm Harbor are?
Q. Are there any reasonable priced dog vets in the Palm Harbor area. I have two dogs so they get quite expensive. I am willing to travel outside of the palm harbor area.

A. if your looking for low priced vets in your area you might want to take a look at this website

www.luvmypets.com

This website will give you a list of vets in your are that charge reduced prices. I used it to get my dogs rabbies shots. The gave me the name of a traveling vet that came to Pet Smart every 2 weeks I paid $12 a shot instead of 35 the normal vets wanted to charge me.


Why do people listen to the food advice of their vets?
Q. Vets receive little to no training in pet nutrition but do recieve a nice sum of money from pet food companies to sell their products. Vet prescription diets should never be fed on a regular basis as they have cancer causing preservatives, fillers, etc. in them. So, I need suggestions on how to convince pet owners that they need to do the research themselves and challenge thei vet when they try to sell them a specific food. I've started my own pet food business selling Innova and need to get the word out that is a superior product.
Just a couple of notes so that everyone doesn't think I hate vets...
-I worked for many years with a vet and she was absolutely disgusted with the little trainging time that she received on nutrition during her degree...and I have heard the same from many other vets.
-Vets are great at what they are trained to do and that is diagnose. I come from a prevention perspective and think many animals could be kept healthier if people knew a little bit more about pet nutrition and vets are not "normally" the place to get this info. Yes, there are vets out there now that are become much more concious of the food industry...but we need many more of these before we'll see a shift in the quality of most foods.
-And yes there are still foods like Science Diet vet prescription diets that are using cancer causing chemical preservatives like BHA/BHT.

A. i agree with you 100%. vets don't know everything. even if they say they are professionals dosen't mean they know everything about nutrition to give any animal unless they study it by them selfs with out them learning it at vet school.
you make a good point to that question. keep it going!
deanna


How long do vets keep the dog for spaying?
Q. I am going to get my 6 months old female boxer spayed next week. My vet said he will have to keep her for 2 nites. Is that normal? I thought usually it's one nite. Also, he is charging $350. other vets, i foud out, charge anywhere from 200-250. My vet is known to be a really good one around my area though...I don't know what to do. Please help. Thank you so much!

A. My vet does it at noon, and sends the dog home at 4pm..Charge is $90 for a 20 pound dog, and $120 for a 65 pound dog.

The only reason I could think of to keep one longer, is if they are a pug-nosed breed, that may have difficulty with anesthesia, or possibly a greyhound or saluki, for same reason..





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment