Sunday, December 9, 2012

How do I stop my 5yr old male chihuahua from humping other male dogs?

Q. No matter what type of dog, my dog insists on humping them. It starting to get really embarrassing. My dog cannot interact with any other dog without it humping. Please help.
I just hate it because there is another male chitzu and he doesn't hump at all!

A. If you want to put it in human terms, he has the, "Little man attitude".

He is trying to dominate all the other dogs. If he can get his head higher than the other dogs head, he feels he has accomplished his deed. It is a domination thing, not a sexual thing & it is common Canine Behavior.


What type of dog food do you feed your dog?
Q. I want to know what type of dog food your feed your dog(s).

Because someone on here told me what I feed my dog is crap, even though my vet reccommended it. She said that my vet of course would tell me to get a "bad" brand of dog food so it'll make my dog sick and I will have to keep bringing it in there so she'll make more money.
Who really believes this crap?!
If your vet recommended your dog to be on a certain dog food would you contest it?

A. Everyone has a food they think is the best, and perhaps it is FOR THEIR DOG. There is no one shoe fits all with dog foods. Not a bit different than there is no one diet that is perfect for all people. Some people are Hyper while others are Hypo, same with dogs.
A classic example is some dogs will have a loose stool on a chicken based diet while others won't retain proper weight on a lamb based diet. So I feed both, either in combination or separately, depending on the individual dogs needs.
I feed the brand that I do because my dogs win in the ring when fed this diet. That doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that it would be the proper diet for every dog out there.


What is your favorite type of dog? What type of dog do you have?
Q. I'm just curious what everyone's favorite type of dog is. Also, what type of dog(s) does everyone have?
I have a Black and Tan cavalier king charles spaniel and I love him. It's my favorite breed, but my second favorite is the Border Collie. I want one someday!
Thanks everyone for your responses so far! I find this stuff very interesting, so keep it coming!

A. I love Jack Russell's and Golden Retrievers :)

I have a golden Retriever named Luca he is 5y.o and he loves the beach!
I Had a Jack Russell named Oscar he was 9 weeks, sadly our house isn't really fit for a JRT, Oscar now llives on a 14acre farm with another Jack Russell, I miss him a lot.


What type of dog is duchess on girls next door?
Q. What type of dog is Holllys dog, Duchess, on the girls next door?

A. a chiuaua





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment