Sunday, December 9, 2012

How much attention should I give my outside dog?

Q. She is use to being alone, but absolutely loves me and every single time I play with her, like she can't get enough of it and it won't last. And I feel bad for it but she never scratches at the door, bark, or whine. So I assume she's fine. So two other questions.
1) What are some signs of depression?
2) Should I leave a picture of me while I leave for vacation(13 days) or does it really matter to my dog who loves me to death?

A. You really should bring her inside :( Even if she can only go in the living room or kitchen it is really important for a dog to be with you.

Instead of leaving a picture of yourself leave a tshirt that you've worn. Dogs use their sense of smell more than sight, so it will matter more to her to have something of you she can smell.

Also you can play with her outside often to sort of wear her out and make her tired. Then when she comes in she will not be rambunctious. Here is an article about some things you can do:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1717428/fun_outdoor_activities_anyone_can_enjoy.html


How come my dog won't sit with me much anymore?
Q. My dog is a very sweet dog. But every time my folks are out somewhere she sits in the dining room, or in my bedroom, when I'm sitting in the family room. Usually dogs like to be next to their owner. Is this sign of depression or just being a "watch" dog?

A. my two follow me when i go to bed or the toilet sometimes only 1 will follow..
its not depression.. they like certain spots to lay down and sometimes its just as they get older they change a little and become used to a routine..
she could be going to the best place where she can hear your folks coming back.


Is a real messy home a sign of mental illness?
Q. My brother's wife has never kept a clean house, but this year, it seems to have really gone to the dogs. When a person lives in a home with every room a mess, is this a sign of clinical depression or some other disorder? We do get good exercise each time we visit, climbing over the many piles and obstacles, so we haven't minded it, but should we suggest a visit to a doctor, maybe, if ever they are unable to open the front or back door?

A. More likely it's a sign of filth and sheer laziness, not mental illness. Some people just don't care how nasty they are but, as an example, those with OCD must have their home spotlessly clean and as germ-free as possible, depending on how bad their obsession is. Still, depending on what mental issues one has, they can certainly be filthy. So basically, it depends on the person as to whether their filth is mental or not.


A week ago, I accidentally gave my dog four tubes of Advantage flea control all at once. Is this dangerous?
Q. I later realized that each tube was to last an entire month. She appears to be fine other than slight signs of depression, although I did see those signs before the incident.

A. Ask your vet. Phone call's free. ;)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment