Sunday, December 9, 2012

Best food brand for a growing newfoundland?

Q. I do not have a newfoundland yet, I am just in the research process for what the dog would need. I know I should follow my vets advice regarding these sorts of things, but what food brands would be best for a growing newfoundland?

A. there are many great high quality foods that I recommmend some of these include:

Wellness
Taste of the Wild
Canidae
Blue Buffalo
Innova
Evo
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul
Solid Gold
AvoDerm
Merrick

you can go to http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com and click on reviews. try to stay with a food in the 4-6 star range, if you are wondering why... go and click on some in the 1-3 star pages and compare the ingredients.

your dogs food should always contain Meat as the first 4 ingredients at the least, no corn, no grains, no fillers or by products.

I know you mentioned following your vets advice but let me assure you that, that is not true when it comes to food. Vets actually do not undergo education in the nutrition area, and most of them recommend crap like Science Diet because they actually get paid to stock that stuff in their offices, when it is one of the worst foods you could feed any pet.

foods you want to STAY AWAY FROM are:
Iams
Pedigree
Beneful
Eukanuba
Ol'Roy
Purina
basically anything that you can buy at walmart, these are called "grocery brands" and no matter what that bag says, they have absolutely NO nutritional value for your pet.


how deep can I insert a qtip into my dogs ears?
Q. I need to clean her ears. I saw a vet stick long q-tips into my cats ears once, any advice on cleaning dogs ears, and with what?
Thanks.

A. Please do NOT stick a Q-tip in your dog's ears! You are NOT a trained Vet/Vet tech.

If you saw your vet perform surgery on your cat would you try it out on our dog yourself?

Use a wash cloth with warm water and gently wipe the ear clean. Or buy a cleaning solution from the pet store and follow it's instructions.


Finding free vet advice online in Singapore?
Q. My dog's poop has been watery, and I hope to ask a vet on what exactly is happening to her. Is there any free vet advice online in Singapore that I can ask from? Thank you!

A. Online advice will not help you or your dog. Your dog needs to SEE a Vet, not just talk to one.

No one online can help you as they cannot examine your dog. ONLY a VET who SEES your dog can help you. Vets don't give advice online for a reason! It would be dangerous to give out medical information.


My dog has scabs on his ear and its really tender.What can I do?
Q. I have a 5mo chihuahua. He has scabs on the inside of his ears and everytime he scratches it, he whines. So im guessing it hurts him. Is there any kind of over the counter pet medicine i can give him. I don't have a lot of money so I really can"t take him to the vet. Any advice?
Everyone hits financial hardships. I am sorry if I am not heir to a gold mine. Do yourself a favor and take a long walk off a short bridge.

A. Even though you can't afford to take him to the vet, call one. My vet is always willing to give advice over the phone. It could be a number of problems. Do you have any other pets that may have bit or scratched him? What part of the country do you live in? Many states have parasites that are worse than others. You can put an ointment like neosporin on it. A cone would also work well!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment