Monday, December 10, 2012

Are there any vets in Bakersfield california that knows how to care for chinchillas?

Q. My boyfriend and I both have chinchillas and im worried that when i need care for them from a vet i wont know where to go. I have searched online to find one but I have had no luck. Please if you have any recommendations let me know.

A. You may want to check out http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com. CnH is a web forum and it has a section just for veterinary listings that owners's recommend, plus you do not find one listed in your area you could post the question to see if there is another owner in your area and if they have a favorite.


How much does the first vet visit for a kitten cost?
Q. Just an estimate would help.

I just got a 6-8 week old kitten. What does she need at her first vet visit? Thanks!

A. If you wait until she's about 12 weeks, you can get her spayed and get her immunizations as well. Most cities have a low cost or free spay and neuter clinic in order to keep the pet population down. They usually give your pet a checkup and immunizations for a minimal fee. I got a free neuter for my cat and I paid about $150 for his shots, his FIV test and fecal tests. Do a web search for low cost spay clinics and call to find out if they perform other services as well.


How many years do you have to study to become a vet in south africa?
Q. How many years do you have to study to become a vet?
What age should i start studying?...What are the school grade and subject requirements?....by the way im from south africa and im 15. i really wanna know because im detemined to become a vet. can you please give me any information about veterinary study and whatever. Thanks i really apreciate all your help!

A. In South Africa one can study to become a veterinarian at the University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort. It is currently a 3-Year Bsc (Veterinary Biology) followed by a 4-Year BVSc degree. It will change to 6-Year BVSc degree from 2010.
http://web.up.ac.za/default.asp?ipkCategoryID=50

The entry requirements are very high, usually at the same level as human medicine degrees. You need to aim for top marks to gain entry. It is a good thing that you are making your enquiries now, while you still have time to prepare.

You can also find out more about veterinarian's careers at the SA Veterinary Association
http://www.sava.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=40

Hope this helps.


What would be something I could hang in my room to keep me motivated towards Vet school?
Q. I am a Pre-Vet student and I just need a way to be more motivated to study and work towards my goals. Do you know of something I could maybe hang in my room to keep me more motivated to study. Something that I would see everyday. I am wanting to be a Veterinarian for a zoo, if that helps at all. Thanks so much for your help!

A. Hi Amber,

This is what I suggest you do: Type in Large Font this Motivational Message:
"All the work I do, I do as an Investment in My Future Career and so that I may be able to choose a Career that will provide me with a Life-Style that I choose to have."

or;

"From this moment on, I will not settle for less than the best of everything for me."

Reading: Web search - Daniela Garcia Chile - read her story and ask yourself - "What would I have done in her situation?

Do the same for - Jessica Cox Tucson - read her story and view her beautiful photos.

Another source of inspiration is about - Nick Vujicic - No Arms, No legs, No Worries.

Best wishes for success.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment