Saturday, December 8, 2012

I dont understand why post their vet questions when their cats get sick on here?

Q. I dont understand why people post vet questions that should be answered by vet on here when their cats get sick. I take my cats to the vet when they sick. One of my cats recently had bloody diaharra and wasnt eating well, instead of posting on here why does have bloody diaherra and whats wrong with ect ect, i just took her to the vet. I dont understand why people post vet questions on here when they should take them to the vet?
um she had a infection and they treated with antibotics

A. Million dollar question - as if we are expected to know what their vet does, and telepathically see their pet to make observations that are vital. Very irresponsible - what if their cat DIES because of that?
I can understand when times are tight and the situation could be helped at home, but honestly, what does a phone call cost for ease of mind, knowing you have the CORRECT info?
I am really glad you have the good sense to take veterinary issues to the one qualified to help - your vet, who has the knowledge and scoe of experience to know if there are other things to take into account. Wish everyone did.


How do you show pride in ylur work as a vet?
Q. I am doing a speech on becoming a.vet. one question I have to answer ks how do you show pride in your work as a vet. Can someone please help me!

A. I guess if you like something, you will find lot reason to say why and specially when you are going to have a career that involves caring for others.


How much would this cost at a vet on average?
Q. I found a stray dog that has a hole in his neck. I'm not sure if he got shot, or if an animal attacked him or what. He doesn't seem to be feeling too well and it might be infected. I just want to get him looked at and see what could be wrong with him. I'm not asking for the cost of the actual treatment. Just to get him checked on and ask the vet some questions.

A. To get him checked won't cost much, but the surgery will cost a lot, so unless you have lots of money to cover the costs, I would take him to the shelter, where they will treat the dog and put it up for adoption (but do NOT take the dog to a kill-shelter)


How do I talk to/ask my parents about my possibilities of owning or leasing a horse?
Q. I already posted a question about being ready for horse ownership so please don't talk about "make sure you're ready first" because I'm starting to think I am EVEN IF I'M NOT YET, this is for when I AM. I've adored horses since I was three and finally got riding lessons a bit ovr two years ago after a lot of work. Riding english hunter/jumper since and have showed twice. I have an aunt who I could ask about ownership because she's owned since my age and is a riding instructor. I've done so much research that I dont need to rely on her either, on almost everything thinkable: deciding, buying, costs, boarding, chores, care, vet, questions, time management and MUCH more. 66 pages so far of info and diagrams. I've thought out situations and can juggle things and help pay and i'm getting there to being ready. read my OTHER question for more DETAILS. my parents seem on board and they support me, i still need futher research/advice on how to ask/talk to them about my possibilities more. THNX!

A. Bring the 66 pages to your parents. Go over it together.
See if they will go to the lessons with you so you can talk to the teachers with them and they can see you in action.
Put the diagrams and everything on poster boards and do a presentation.
My cousin volunteers after school at the boarding place where she wants to put up her horse. (when she gets one) Maybe you could do that so your parents learn that you are serious and that this isn't just a phase.
What have you said, and what have they said? You have to negotiate depending on what their objections are.
It seems like you know what you are talking about and have really researched this.
Good Luck.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment