Saturday, December 8, 2012

Can a vet treat a mix of exotic, large and small animals?

Q. I'm interesting in becoming a vet, but I'm not sure what types of animals I could treat. I'm interested in small animals like dogs and cats, and large animals like horses, cows, sheep, etc. But I'm also into exotic animals; and not just exotic pets like ferrets and snakes, but the more zoo-related animals like big cats and stuff. Can a vet at least combine treating large and small animals? And is it possible to also treat the exotic animals, maybe by making "house" calls to a conservation center?

A. yes of course u can!
just be sure you take all the classes you need to take for exotic animals
like the sho e-vet interns
im interested in becoming a vet too


How important is it to you that your vet or vet tech knows how to use proper terminology and spelling?
Q. If your vet tech used the word "spaded" would it make you wonder a bit?

A. LOL Animal - if my Vet Tech used that term I'd laugh in her face and ask to see her credentials!

No real Vet Tech would ever use that term! I know the question to which your refering and NO she is not a real Vet Tech just another person trying to make excuses for someone else ignorance. UGH!


What medicine did your vet prescribe to your rat for pneumonia
Q. Also, did your vet prescribe Vibramycin (doxycycline monohydrate). And did your rats pneumonia get worse before it got better?
The vet i went to didn't have baytril cause they are retards. it was kind of small so that's prolly why.

A. My rat didn't have pneumonia, but he was sounding quite wheezy and was prescribed both Baytril with doxy and Vibramycin, both of which to be given every 12 hours for 30 days. It seems a little odd that your vet didn't prescribe any Baytril, that's usually what they go to first. Call up your vet and ask them why they didn't prescribe any.

As for getting worse before getting better, that does happen sometimes when it comes to antibiotics. It's a sort of detox of the body, and flu-like symptoms appear for a few days to a week. At least, that's in humans, I'm just making the assumption about rats so that may not be entirely accurate. Again, I'd call the vet and just ask about it to be sure.


what exactly is a vet referance and how do I get one?
Q. I am in the process of adopting a puppy. They require "vet referance", which im not exactly sure what it is. What is it and how can I get one?
I havent owned any pets before, but how can I get one anyways?
But, I do have a vet that I will be taking my puppy to across the street from my house.

A. You should talk to a vet, or maybe even a couple, and convince them that you would be good for adopting a puppy. Have them recommend you, they should have like a paper they can fill out or they might just write it on a scrap piece of paper. Hope I helped(:





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment