Sunday, December 9, 2012

Why are you people asking questions online instead of going to the vet??

Q. I really really do not understand why there are so many people on here letting their animals suffer, asking complete strangers what to do about their dogs. There are people who go to school to learn about animals. They are called VETS!!!
Look it up.

A. Welcome to the dog section of YA. And some of us get yelled at for being rude (because we get frustrated by what you are describing). We also get yelled at, thumbs down and reported when we tell people the truth, tell them to go to the vet or if we are anything less than sweet as pie to the people who ask those questions.

As I said, welcome to the Dog section of YA. =) It's not always like that, but those people are here every day....

EDIT:
If you are a person asking for medical advice here - please be advised that about 25-50% of the advice offered here is blantly wrong or extremely dangerous to your animals.

Some people suggested giving dogs beer to calm them down, others nyquil! That's nuts. This is a bunch of strangers who have nothing better to do than talk about dogs. We could mean well but offer horrible advice. If nothing else, CALL a vet please.


Where can I find a free online vet advice service?
Q. Where can I find a free online vet advice service, one that includes fish! Preferablly one with no membership needed. Please post a link!

A. Go to marinemaster.com for fish!
Email the administrator with all questions and they will send you a full report on what the problem is and how to cure your animals.
There are other sites as well, just type in "free vet examination online" in google.
Then type in your question :)


How do u find vet recommendations online?
Q. I'm taking my dog to be spayed on Friday to my neighborhood vet, whcih I have never visited. I am so nervous being that this is a surgery and I have a small maltese. Does anyone know where I can check vet reference online to know that other people like them, etc?

A. Ask your vet to supply references. They are usually more than happy to. Call the folks he lists and don't be shy about asking questions.
Good luck.


What is the best way to find a reputable vet for our 2 adult cats?
Q. We are new to the area and know no one locally to ask for a recommendation. I want to make sure they get the best care for their check ups. Their last vet was clear across the country.

A. First I call around to vets and ask basic questions and see which vets agree most closely with my beliefs (for instance trying to sell me a declaw was an automatic fail), then I search for reviews of my favorites online. Then I go for a simple well visit and see how everyone interacts with my cats, ask the vet some questions about cat care and make sure that his/her answers are a good match to mine. I prefer vets which are involved in pet rescue, anti-declawing, understand the need for post surgical pain relief, understand the importance of good nutrition and really want to take time to care for my animals.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment