Saturday, December 8, 2012

can you send a pet by air before I fly?

Q. I have to fly with a 6 month old across the country and I would have a lot less stress if I could fly my cat first. Do airlines allow you to send pets without their owners?

A. I saw this on the TV the other day . Pet Air http://www.flypets.com/
Good luck with it


Shipping 2 cats from CA to MA - What airline should I choose?
Q. I am moving from CA to MA, and am driving across country, however I'd like to send my 2 cats on a plane.

Which airline has the best safety record for sending pets?

A. You need to check the airlines carefully - they will have to be shipped as cargo, and many will not ship during the summer months. Most of the problems that airlines have are related to flimsy carriers that can break open if dropped, and shipping ill or debilitated animals. We will be sending my daughter's cat to Hawaii (she's in the Army) in July, and have chosen Continental as their holds are temperature controlled. You also need to book a direct flight - less handling of the carriers and that means less that can go wrong.


Which airline is safest for shipping cats?
Q. I am moving from CA to MA, and am driving across country, however I'd like to send my 2 cats on a plane.

Which airline has the best safety record for sending pets?

A. If you stick with the major airlines, you should be fine. Just call and ask about rates.


How does one send pet from another city?
Q. My friend has recently moved from So Cal to San Jose taking her three cats with her. Her oldest recently gave birth and she wishes to send me one but neither of us knows how to go about doing this

A. I don't know the distance involved, but I shipped my cats via airlines from the United States to Germany when my husband was in the service. She might want to check with her vet for suggestions.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment