Saturday, December 8, 2012

How to take care of your puppy if you have a job?

Q. I'm thinking of this problem for my future puppy, and I was wondering how is the best way to take care of your puppy if you have to work (I'd prefer not to leave them in doggy day cares)

A. It depends a lot on the age of the puppy you get as well as how long it would have to be alone.

What I did with my last puppy (who was 9 weeks when I got him) was make sure he was walked in the morning before I left, and while he was young, he spent the day in an exercise pen, not a crate. The ex pen is 4 feet x 4 feet so he had some room. He had a blanket, toys and a couple of treats on one end, and lots of newspapers at the other. My kids were home from school by around 3:30 so it wasn't a really terribly long day for him.

Dogs don't like to mess where they live, and as amazing as it was to me, this puppy didn't pee in his pen by the time he was about 3 1/2 months old.

I like the ex pen because a crate doesn't give them any room to move, it's just too confining. If you have to leave a puppy for too many hours, is there someone who could come to your house to give him a little attention during the day?

You're aleady giving thought to your puppy's comfort so I'm sure he'll be just fineith whatever you work out.


How take care and train a puppy for 11 year olds?
Q. At the end of the year,I've finally earned enough money to buy a puppy.My mom made a deal if I earned enough money and learned how to take care of a puppy,she'd take me to the best place to buy a puppy and she'd give me extra money for my puppy.But my problem is I don't know how and I can't find a single website that tells how to take care and how to train a puppy for older kids.Please help me!

A. I would suggest that you first select the dog breed that is best for you. You can use this to help you:
animal.discovery.com/breedselector/dogselectorindex.do
best-dog-breed-for-children.com/cb.html

Once you have selected a breed, I suggest buying a breed specific book that can help you raise and train your puppy. I also used The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey which I have found very useful.

Also, some websites that can help you:
www.amazon.co.uk/Puppy-Training-Kids.../1872119549
www.buyingapuppy.co.uk/
www.thekennelclub.org.uk/buying/index.html
ezinearticles.com/?Are-You-Ready-For-A-Puppy?&id...
www.buyingapuppy.com/
www.dogbreedinfo.com/bruno/puppyraising.htm
www.philipcrammond.com/.../puppy_raising_tips.htm
www.p4pets.co.uk/10-things-to-consider-before-buying-a-puppy.html
HousebreakingMyPuppy.com
www.maccvets.co.uk/fact.../fact_sheets_puppies_training.htm
www.perfectpaws.com/pupstuff.html

If you need any more tips, just put 'puppy training' into google.


How do I take care of a puppy?
Q. What are the pointers that we should take in mind when taking care of a puppy like what to feed etc?

A. Food:

www.rawlearning.com/

Crate training will be helpful with housebreaking and whatnot

Chew toys are your friend

Brushes

De shedding tool like the furminator if a high shedding dog

Bowls

Bed

Flea/Tick preventative

Heartworm medication

The contact information for a local groomer and a vet (can be found on yellowpages.com)

Collar/leash

Invest in a prong collar

http://leerburg.com/fit-prong.htm

ID tags


is there an online game where you take care of a puppy until they die?
Q. Only free games. Like you take care of a puppy, they mate, they die?
By the way, I'm not being sick. I just want to play a game thats similar to tamagachi. Basically a dog's life. It's nature, So if you have a problem with my question do not answer please.

A. http://www.neopets.com/ (not quite a puppy, but cute virtual animals)
http://www.virtualpuppy.com/
http://www.virtualdog.com/





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment