Saturday, December 8, 2012

Is raw wildlife meat acceptable to give a pet if you do a raw fed diet?

Q. I have been doing a raw fed diet for about 4 months now. I'm still learning but WOW the change has been amazing. I thought my dogs were already healthy and looked great but this is amazing.

Anyway, my husband hunts a few times a year for things like wild turkey and deer. Is it acceptable to give a dog meat from wildlife?
This question is specifically directed toward people who raw feed their pets. If you don't raw feed or just want to criticize me without a reason then please don't waste your time.

Thanks for the help!

A. Absolutely! Meat from wildlife is free range, hormone-free, organic stuff. Some of the best meat you can find! And all for the price of your hunting license.

Some people worry about the higher possibility of parasites in wild game. If it concerns you, you can freeze the meat for 30 days and that should take care of anything. If you're not concerned, you can feed it fresh and steaming. I know people who do both, and so far I don't know of anyone who's had an issue. (But I do freeze the wild game I feed.)

Raw is great, isn't it? It never ceases to amaze me the positive changes I've seen in my dogs since the switch. People who still feed commercial food just won't understand until they try it.


What are the signs that your turkey is in pain?
Q. I am a petsitter taking care of a almost year old turkey that suffered a fall and hurt its leg in November, ya, November. She can walk around now a little, with a limp, but I am wondering how do you know when a turkey is suffering and in pain? She eats and drinks fine and talks. Should I expect it to fully recover from it's injury and be back to normal or should we pull the plug? It is a family pet and not to be eaten. Thanks for your help
for REAL!!!
THANKS Brian T. !!

A. I apologize for the idiocy of the other jerks who answered this.

I would listen for distressed sounds, like when you step on a dog's tail, he whimpers. Listen for abnormal or unusual sounds.

I would also consult the owners. Perhaps they'd know something.


How much would it cost to send my Pomeranian from the states to Turkey?
Q. We just got orders to Turkey and I want to bring our dog with us. I'm trying to find out how much it costs to send pets based on weight and he's about 9 pounds. HELP! I don't want to leave him in the States being gone for 3 years!!!

A. I took my 3 dogs and my cat with me from Turkey to Kuwait. they are all about 9 pounds each. As far as I remember, they were weighed together with their pet carriers and I paid about 50 USD each.

Call your airline and find out whether it is possible for him to travel with you in the cabin since pets around 9 pounds are allowed by most of the airlines to travel with the owner together with their carrier as " hand luggage" .

You must check the below site which gives very beneficial information about importing your pet from USA to Turkey.

http://www.eustis.army.mil/Veterinary/import.htm

Don't leave him behind :)


What is the best dog to get for bird hunting?
Q. I am looking to buy my boyfriend a bird dog for Christmas. He hunts in Kansas, usually quail, pheasant,and turkey. He needs a retriever! Would ideally like a dog that does not get up to 100 pounds. Must get along with other dogs. Any tips and advice is welcome and appreciated.

A. Hounds are one of the ideal breeds to get for bird hunting purposes. Although its capabilities and skills can only be maximized when its owner personally give it its basic and obedience training. A dog personally trained by its owner is more confident which makes it more enthusiastic as it puts into practice what it has learned from the training.a trained dog would also make it easier for the owner to introduce other dogs or to command it and it will obey instantaneously which is important when hunting.

I recommend that you watch my 2 minute dog trainer video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AnM7AokdSI which will give you important tips regarding dog handling and training to effectively instill in your dog's instinct.

Dogs live to please their owners and taking the time to let your dog understand what you want through training will be favorable for you and your pet. � Hope my advice helps!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment