Sunday, December 9, 2012

How can I prove to my parents I'm responsible enough for a dog?

Q. I REALLY REALY REALLY want a dog SO bad!!! My parents don't like taking care dogs. I told them that I would do everything, but they keep saying no. :-( I have a pet parakeet named blue jay. Who I take GREAT care of. My friend said she was 5, her sister, 6 and brother 7, and they took care of her dog. I need to show my parents how responsibe I am, but there being really tuff about this and I won't take no for an answer.
I don't think I can petsit other dogs cause my parent's don't even like that so don't say that lol if you allready did it's ok
btw my mom does not work

A. write a report on why the make good pets


What employment sites might I check for a couple seeking employment as house managers etc. ?
Q. Our kids are grown - We would like to work for an employee utilizing our combined skills - college educated, speak English, Accounting/MBA, travel experience,event planning, weight loss consultant,/fitness/nutrition, child care, dog walking etc. All office equipment..also extensive,home remodeling projects and real estate license - home staging experience too. Interested to see what my response will be to this....thanks in advance for your help.

A. Would you consider Boys and Girls town? They will provide a home, rent free, food, water, gas, and electricity. You would be responsible to provide guidance, parenting, and whatever to children that live in the home. They will also provide a live in counselor. Really good job for husband and wife that really care about children that can benefit from their experience raising kids and that truly need guidance.


Would you put your old dog to sleep?
Q. Our dog is abt 16 yo, has arthritism cataracts, loss of hearing, and other problems associated with old age. It is not easy to see her coping with her deteriorating health and many ppl hv said its time to put her to sleep. Somehow we just cannot do that cos she is such a caring dog.

Would you put her to sleep to save her sufferings?
Some of you are trying to be smart and started calling us selfish or cruel to make the dog suffer.

She can still go out to potty, she still plays with our sheltie, she barks when ppl call at the door... it is just that at times she stumbles and falls, she cant hear and see well. So it not easy to made a decision at this time.

She has arthritis and is in pain but we wldnt know if its unbearable. We are watching her how she copes and i dont know if its the right thing to do now. My said he cant do it now and i also understand him. My daugther, husband and I, we just love her to let her go. We know we hv to do it someday... we really dread to make that decision.
Alyssa's answer made me think that she might be in more pain than we know. She limps and occasionally knocks into walls. She tends to get confuse which direction to go for potty. This is my first experience with dogs. I hv always thought my husband knows better as he has had her for 10yrs+ and also he has lived with numerous dogs.

I always wondered if the pain was too much for her and wld ask my husband if he wld consider putting her to sleep. He said he cldnt do that and i know he is hoping she dies naturally. I was thinking of her suffereings and didnt know if my husband was doing the right thing. If i push the issue too much, i feel guilty that i am hasty in getting rid of her.

It is not easy to tell my husband to let her go. So i thought i posted it on YA and see what sort of feedbacks i wld get.

Sorry for being so long winded ... lol

A. Hi Sal,

That is a really hard question. I sympathise. I had to have my cat put to sleep a few years ago and I still think about him a lot.

The fact that you are considering this step shows that you are intending to do the right thing.

You could always get a professional's opinion on your dog's condition.
Sometimes when we own and love an animal we can be blinded to their true condition. For instance my neighbours had a cat that was suffering from severe arthritis. They didn't bother to take it to the vet to get medication for it. With time, the cat deteriorated. The owners did have it put to sleep eventually but the cat had to get really bad first. It seemed like the cat's sorry condition was blatantly obvious to everyone except the owners themselves.

Other than that, look at the dog, does she enjoy her life? Just like people with illnesses and disabilities can still live a fulfilled life, I believe so can animals. You would have to be the judge of that.

I think actually that the dog will "tell you" when it's time for her to go.

chirpy


What major should I go for if I want to work with animals?
Q. Right now these are my job choices:

Dog bakery and botique owner.
Pet photographer.
Pet shop owner.
Dog spa owner.
Doggy day care.
Dog massage therapist.

..And pharmacy, but I doubt I'll go with that one.

A. Consider enrolling in Butcher School.
You get to work with animals a lot, and you need never go hungry.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment